Saturday 2 February 2008

Clinton supporters of the world, unite!

Who knew US primaries could be this exciting? And I'm not talking about the childish squabbling between the Republican candidates (because honestly, who really cares what they're doing?) but the battle to pick a Democratic candidate. Watching Obama and Clinton fight for their party's support tooth and nail--while sucking in a few Big Shots to stomp around the country in their honour and cause fighting amongst famous (and non-famous) Democratic families--is thrilling. This fight has truly ensnared our senses and attention spans since the clock rolled over to 12.01am, 1 Jan 2008. Now with Super Tuesday, the fight is becoming fiercer.

As the fight becomes fiercer, people are taking to the streets to let people know who the right candidate is. (Okay they're not literally taking to the streets, but close enough) I would like to take this opportunity to explain to you why you should vote for Hilliary Clinton on Tuesday. I use harsh language and analogies, so please, excuse me for integrating my historical background and my feminine references.

First off, Obama. Looking at him sends shivers down my spine. Obama is pure fluff. He has a speaking ferocity that is comparable to Mussolini and offers the same emptiness behind his believes and promises like other crazy dictators (and Presidents Bush I and II). His plan to attack Pakistan still exists and why he thinks it is a good idea to attack that country is beyond me. Obama must be getting his "great ideas" from reading newspapers that are 15-20 years old. In all actuality, he would put us deeper into the hole Bush has created for us economically-wise, sanity-wise, and reputation-wise. If chosen as the Democratic presidential candidate, he would cause a serious split in the party. If he became president, his mouth would get us all into trouble just like Bush's did. He has no sense of direction for this country. He only seeks to fulfill his own alternative motives--just like the Bushs did. He is a preacher with no soul; he is a Renaissance Man with no plan for change; and he is Sheppard leading the flock to slaughter. And his supporters are leading the rest of the Democratic party and the US to slaughter as well.

Originally, I supported John Edwards. A few days ago this blog would have contained negative comments towards Hilliary Clinton. (but not nearly as negative as the ones I have assigned Obama. Tehe) Now that Edwards has dropped out, I have returned to the candidate I originally supported before I made a true decision to support Edwards. That candidate is Hilliary Clinton.

The fact is: people love her. If they did not love her, why would people choose to drive a huge moving van with a banner stating "Clinton 2008" past the Today Show window the day after the 2004 election? Case in point--she is popular and there are plenty of reasons why she is. She is well-known to be a hard-working lawyer, wife, mother, former First Lady, and Senator; she shows emotion when appropriate; she's witty and always knows how to casually respond to dumb remarks by Obama; and she's the perfect mainstream Democrat.

If chosen as the Democratic candidate, she would appeal to almost every Democrat and may be able to lure in some Independents and Republicans to vote for her in November. Having the ability to appeal to a wider audience is a special gift. Sure, people still believe she is too liberal (the Republicans, mostly) but I believe she is the right amount of liberal. Sometimes she's not liberal enough for my liking, but I know she would get the job done if she became president. I know she would use her intuition as a career woman and mother to make the right decisions for our country. I trust her with my future. I do not trust any other candidate with my delicate standing in the American society.

With this said--what should we expect for Super Tuesday? Well... we will continue to see a fight because voters will still be confused. I will continue to stomp around for Hilliary (as well others) and people will continue to fight for Obama. Traditionally, the fight slows down or comes to a screeching halt by Super Tuesday. But not this time around. Political analysts believe tomorrow won't solve the decision plaguing Democratic voters across the country and I have to agree. Clinton nor Obama will back down. Honestly, we won't know who the clear candidate is until June or maybe into August when the Democratic Convention is held.

If we all band together, though, Tuesday can have an outcome that is immensely in Clinton's favour. So I ask of you again--vote for Clinton! Unless you want to be ruled by a clueless tyrant! And hello, been there done that. Or have you been in Antarctica for the last eight years?

No comments:

Post a Comment